Virtual Advocacy Day
Date Coming Soon—Each spring, NSSLHA's Executive Council joins ASHA's Board of Directors, Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Councils, and Political Action Committee Board on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., to advocate for issues affecting the CSD professions. And you can join their efforts!
By participating in Virtual Advocacy Day on the same day as the Hill visit, you'll help support the group's important messages. The more Congress hears about our issues, the more they'll pay attention. Send your own messages to Congress and be a part of the change.
Message Your Representatives
In just 3 minutes, you can advocate for important issues that'll impact your future:
- Visit ASHA's Take Action website.
- Review the Issues Briefs about the issues currently impacting students and early career professionals.
- Click the link to message your members of Congress.
- Enter your zip code and click "Check Zip Code"—the system will automatically identify your members of Congress.
- Add a personal story or message to the pre-populated email.
- Fill out your info.
- Click "Submit" and you're done!
Help us maximize our impact by getting your friends involved too! Once you've taken action, take a pic and spread the word through social media using #NSSLHAAdvocates.