Executive Council Meeting Report
November 17, 2018
The NSSLHA Executive Council (EC) met November 17, 2018, at the Westin Boston Waterfront in Boston, Massachusetts. Here, you’ll find the Summary Report of the meeting.
Executive Council members in attendance were President Teigan Beck, President-Elect Teffany Ventura, Vice President for Finance Kevin Kock, Vice President for Planning Charlotte Miller, Vice President for Academic Affairs Chelsea Woodard, Vice President for Student State Officers (SLP) Aya Khalil, Vice President for Student State Officers (AuD) JJ Whicker, Vice President for Government Relations and Public Policy Michelle D’Mello, Vice President for Audiology Programming Brandon Roppel, Vice President for Speech-Language Pathology Programming Sarah Sadler, and NSSLHA National Advisor Sonja Pruitt-Lord.
NSSLHA Program Director Tracy White, NSSLHA Program Manager Sara Mischo, ASHA CEO Arlene A. Pietranton, ASHA President Elise Davis-McFarland, ASHA President-Elect Shari B. Robertson, ASHA Past President Gail Richard, 2019 ASHA Convention Co-Chair for Audiology Jessica Sullivan, and 2019 ASHA Convention Co-Chair for Speech-Language Pathology Laurie Sterling were in attendance.
The Fall 2018 NSSLHA EC business meeting was called to order at 8:12 a.m. on Saturday, November 17, 2018, by President Teigan Beck.
Teigan led a discussion about NSSLHA activities at this year’s Convention. Each EC member shared feedback and suggested areas for improvement for next year.
NSSLHA Goals Discussion
- Whicker and Khalil discussed efforts being taken towards Goal 1: Increase Participation in Chapter Honors to 130 Chapters.
- D’Mello discussed the outcomes for Goal 2: Submit at Least 1,000 Take Action Letters.
- Kock shared information about Goal 3: Increase Donations to NSSLHA Scholarship to $15K.
- Miller shared information about Goal 4: Increase Conversion Discount Use by 5%.
- Ventura discussed efforts being taken towards Goal 5: Establish Relationship with SAA Leadership.
- Woodard discussed efforts being taken toward Goal 6: Increase Undergrad Scholarship Applications by 25%.
- Sleeter and Roppel discussed outcomes of NSSLHA activities at 2018 Convention for Goal 7: Increase Engagement of Student Attendees at Convention by 50%.
ASHA 2019 Convention Co-Chairs Update
The 2019 Convention Co-Chairs, Jessica Sullivan and Laurie Sterling, joined the meeting to share plans for the 2019 Convention in Orlando, Florida, and led a discussion about involving students.
ASHA Presidential Team Update
ASHA President Elise Davis-McFarland, ASHA President-Elect Shari Robertson, ASHA Past President Gail Richard, and ASHA Chief Executive Officer Arlene Pietranton joined the meeting to discuss current activities at ASHA.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 17, 2018