RC Position Descriptions
Regional Councilors (RCs) serve to execute National NSSLHA's mission and work closely with the Student State Officers (SSOs) in their region to disseminate information about National NSSLHA to members and chapters.
RCs communicate information regarding issues at local and state levels to the Executive Council through collaboration with the Vice Presidents for Student State Officers.
RC terms last for 2 years and run July through June.
These positions will become part of the Executive Council after the 2019-2020 term.
Approximately 20 hours per month (excluding travel).
Regional Councilors will:
- Participate in monthly calls with the Vice Presidents for Student State Officers.
- Initiate and facilitate monthly calls with the Student State Officers in their region.
- Be informed about National NSSLHA's mission, services, policies, and programs.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to conference calls.
- Attend the annual ASHA Convention, if possible.
- Prepare and present information at meetings on behalf of National NSSLHA, as needed.
Learn to work with, connect, and motivate different stakeholders.