The NSSLHA to ASHA Membership Conversion Discount is a one-time discount of $225 off the initial dues and fees for ASHA membership and certification.
To qualify, you must be a National NSSLHA member for the last 2 years of your master’s or doctoral program. Contact ASHA’s Action Center to confirm eligibility.
Introductory NSSLHA Membership
The Introductory NSSLHA Membership was a pilot program that did not meet its objectives and has been discontinued. This membership did not count toward the NSSLHA to ASHA Conversion discount.
- Apply for National NSSLHA membership.
- Renew your National NSSLHA membership for the last 2 years of your master’s or doctoral program.
- Maintain current degree information in the NSSLHA/ASHA database.
- Maintain current email and postal mailing addresses in the NSSLHA/ASHA database.
- Do not wait to complete your clinical fellowship or externship before applying for ASHA membership and certification.
The application for ASHA membership and certification (and automatic application of the Conversion Discount) must arrive in the National Office before August 31 (up to the year after you graduate).
Gift to the Grad
The Gift to the Grad is available to all first-time applicants of ASHA membership and certification who apply between May 1 and August 31, providing up to 20 months of additional membership for the price of 12!
Recent Grad Discount
Graduates who do not meet the criteria for the NSSLHA to ASHA Conversion Discount may qualify for the Recent Graduate Discount—$50 off the initial dues and fees of ASHA membership and certification. The application for ASHA membership and certification must be received by the National Office within 12 months of your graduation date to receive this discount. If applicable, apply this discount to your application upon submission.