The NSSLHA to ASHA Membership Conversion Discount is a one-time discount of $225 off the initial dues and fees for ASHA membership and certification.
To qualify, you must be a National NSSLHA member for the last 2 years of your master’s or doctoral program (including the year you graduate).
Class of 2024 Grad Students
You must hold 2023 and 2024 National NSSLHA membership to receive the discount.
Class of 2025 Grad Students
You must hold 2024 and 2025 National NSSLHA membership to receive the discount.
Contact ASHA’s Action Center to confirm eligibility.
Apply for National NSSLHA Membership
2024 National NSSLHA Membership Available Now!
- Apply for National NSSLHA membership.
- Renew your National NSSLHA membership for the last 2 years of your master’s or doctoral program. (Note: Chapter membership does not count toward discount eligibility.)
- Maintain current degree information in the NSSLHA/ASHA database.
- Maintain current email and postal mailing addresses in the NSSLHA/ASHA database.
- Do not wait to complete your clinical fellowship or externship before applying for ASHA membership and certification.
The application for ASHA membership and certification (and automatic application of the Conversion Discount) must be submitted online before August 31 (up to the year after you graduate).
New Professional Membership Package
ASHA's New Professional Membership Package gives up to 24 months of ASHA membership to recent master's and doctoral graduates who apply for ASHA membership and certification from January 1 to August 31. Applicants receive membership through December 31 of the following year.
Eligible National NSSLHA members can receive both the conversion discount and this package.