Start a New NSSLHA Chapter
If your CSD program is looking for ways to enhance education and pre-professional experiences for students, but a NSSLHA chapter does not already exist at your university, students and/or faculty can follow these steps to start a chapter:
- Identify a faculty member who holds ASHA membership to serve as your NSSLHA chapter advisor.
- Identify at least four students to serve as chapter officers (students who hold the president and vice-president positions must be National NSSLHA members).
- Create a chapter-specific email address (i.e., UniversityNSSLHAchapter@gmail.com).
- Draft chapter bylaws (check out our template [DOC]).
- Apply for chapter affiliation.
Affiliated Chapter Benefits
- Official logo for chapter use
- Access to national support for chapters
- Eligibility to apply for the National NSSLHA Chapter Honors Program
Tips for Successful Chapters
We want your NSSLHA chapter to be successful! Read our tips on ways to do so!