Chapter Advisor Toolkit
As Chapter Advisors, you provide critical support and guidance to CSD students during their pre-professional journey. You serve as mentors and provide a key connection between the chapter and National NSSLHA.
Whether you are a new or veteran advisor, it is important to know where to start:
- If your chapter leaders have not already done so, complete our Chapter Affiliation Form.
- Connect with other advisors through the Chapter Advisor Online Community (login required)
- Use our 2023-2024 Event and Programming Calendar and Checklist to stay on top of any key National NSSLHA events, dates, and deadlines.
- Plan to apply for National NSSLHA Chapter Honors program.
- Consider applying for National NSSLHA's Chapter Advisor Honors program.
National NSSLHA has developed a number of events and resources to help you excel in your role!
- "Calling All NSSLHA Advisors! Igniting Chapter Success" – November 16, 2023, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. ET, Omni Boston, Ensemble Ballroom G (Lvl 2), PDH(s): 1 Hr
- Advisor Meetup at ASHA Convention [in-person] – November 16, 2023, 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. ET, Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Exhibit Hall, 1093
- Advisor Meetup [virtual] – February 2024 (more details to come)
Run Your Chapter
It is important you have certain details in place. For instance, each chapter should have its own bylaws. You can use our Chapter Bylaws Template to create or refresh yours. Chapters should also obtain their own tax exemption forms and tax identification numbers. You can work with your Student or Campus Life office to obtain these. Here are some additional resources to help you get your chapter up and running:
- Creating Chapter Goals
- Running a Meeting
- Idea Bank for Meetings, Fundraisers, Networking & More
- Brand Guidelines
Grow Your Chapter
Growing your chapter requires keeping your members engaged and finding new ways to reach and connect with CSD students on your campus. Here are some tips, opportunities, and downloadable resources to help your recruitment and retention:
- Tips for Successful Chapters
- Strategies for Membership Recruitment & Retention
- How to Secure National NSSLHA Membership for All Students
- National NSSLHA Downloadable Flyers and Slides
- National NSSLHA Virtual Events & Educational Programming
Apply for Chapter Honors
Your chapter will put in a lot of work to attract members and keep them engaged – so get recognized for that hard work! Apply for National NSSLHA’s Chapter Honors program so we can celebrate your hard work through a Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Chapter of the Year award. Each teir has a membership, community outreach, legislative advocacy, fundraising, and diversity, equity, and inclusion requirement.
Opportunities to Share with Students
- Award Programs
- Mentorship Opportunities
- National NSSLHA Member Honors
- National NSSLHA Virtual Events
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Student Volunteers at ASHA Convention
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact National NSSLHA at email@example.com, or contact the NSSLHA National Advisor, Dr. Belinda Daughrity, at firstname.lastname@example.org.